Dear CCBA Delegates,
As your 2021 CCBA Chair, I cordially invite all of you, your delegations, and any and all CCBA friends and future members within your casual caucuses to join us in Toasting an end to 2020!
On December 28, we promise to spread plenty of holiday cheers, enable some socially distant caucusing, and treat you all to a robust round of Dickensian updates – including visits from the ghosts of Christmas Past (CCBA’s status), Present (our 2021 CCBA Legislative Agenda and anticipated Leg Day), and Future (the latest on the 2021 Annual Meeting and our CCBA
While we recently shared an update from the Legislative Committee regarding CCBA’s 2020 Legislative Agenda and Process, please join us at the Holiday Toast to see just how hard at work these elves have been as they further strengthen our post-lobbyist legislative process, formalize the selection of CCBA’s annual legislative agenda, and build upon our fantastic grass-roots successes from last year.
Holiday Toasters will also hear how our Outreach reindeer have been dancing and prancing to bring even richer content to You[Tube] and your fellow delegates – including, shortly, CCBA’s first official MCLE offerings as a newly [pepper]minted, official California provider. Likewise, and as a special gift to all our good little girls and boys, we also hope to preview the redesigned and shiny-brand-new CCBA website at the event. Santa Conference has been busy, and we have lots to show for it.
This event is entirely free to all delegates. At this time of Giving (and State and Local Bar renewals), however, perhaps remember your former check-offs for the state bar due bills, and consider a donation to CCBA. (Donations can be made via the CCBA website, or by a link at the 12/28 Toast.)
Everything helps, no matter how small, and 100% of donations go directly to the operating costs for CCBA’s continued good work. In anticipation of a better, new year, please consider a recurring monthly donation of $20.21. Recurring donors (and anyone that donates at least once in the amount of $250 or more) will again receive CCBA “Swag Boxes” at our Annual Conference. And, of course, they are recognized and lauded in our newsletters and updates.
Finally, and way of an early stocking stuffer, I include below a copy of the ResCom Calendar and Resolution Deadlines for those of you that want to get a jump on next year’s legislative gifts.
- Friday, December 18, 2020 | START DATE for proponents to submit resolutions
- Friday, February 26, 2021 | Deadline for proponents to submit resolutions
- Monday, March 8, 2021 | Deadline for proponents to submit lobbying form
- Friday, March 19, 2021 | Resolutions posted to website for public access
- Monday, April 19, 2020 | Deadline to submit counter args/reports
- Friday, July 23, 2021 | Deadline for Late-Filed Resolutions
- Monday, August 9, 2021 | Resolutions posted to website with ResCom reports
- Friday, August 20, 2021 | Call-Ups/Spreadsheet Due
- Monday, August 23, 2021 | Call-Ups/Spreadsheet posted to website
- Wednesday, September 8, 2021 | Amendments Due
- Friday, September 10, 2021 | Amendments posted to website
- Wednesday, September 15, 2021 | Revised Call-Ups Due
- Friday, September 17, 2021 | Revised Call-Ups posted to website
- Thursday, September 22, 2021 | Emergency Late Filed Resolutions Due
- September 23-25, 2021 | CONFERENCE
Hope to see you all on Monday, December 28th at 7pm.